- Application deadline: 01.02.2023
- Starting date: As soon as possible.
DiaQNOS Postdoc position
- Publication date: 29.12.2022
Postdoc position in the joint project DiaQNOS,
Institute of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Dept. Neuroanatomy,
University of Freiburg, Germany
Are you looking for an excellent research opportunity for your postdoc studies at the forefront of physics, technology and translational neuroscience research?
We invite applications for a BMBF-funded lighthouse project focusing on the development and implementation of a “Diamond-based Quantum Sensor for Neurosurgery (DiaQNOS)” – see detailed description here.
Together with our collaborators and industrial partners in Mainz, Emmendingen, Dresden, Marburg, Stuttgart, and Ulm we will develop and implement a quantum sensor for applications in basic and clinical neuroscience. Eventually, our knowledge and knowhow will be transferred into clinical practice by developing a quantum endoscope for applications in neurosurgery.
Our part of the project focuses on combining functional optical imaging techniques, electrophysiology (single-cell and extracellular recordings), molecular and structural analyses with prototypes of the quantum sensor in murine and human cortical slices. It builds on our expertise in studying synaptic plasticity and the effects of electromagnetic fields in cortical slices.
What we look for:
- highly motivated and enthusiastic candidates with an excellent PhD degree
- a strong background in neuroscience
- experience in functional optical imaging, electrophysiology or molecular biology
- excellent communication skills in English
What we offer:
- 2-year postdoc position, with the opportunity to extend for another 2 years in accordance with the German public service salary scale (TV‐L E 13)
- an exciting research project involving cutting-edge translational techniques in a collaborative setting
- specific training in preparing and handling murine and human cortical slices and electrophysiology
- an efficient mentoring program
- an interdisciplinary teaching program, including courses in novel technologies and soft skills for postdocs
Start of application call: January 01, 2023
Deadline for applications: February 01, 2023
Start of position: As soon as possible
Project ID: 13N16460